An equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TTY: 711
Explore Resources on Your Own
If you are looking for a job, you will find a wealth of information- starting with thousands of positions listed by employers all over the state- to help in your job search.
To get started log into SC Works Online System (SCWOS). Not sure what you want to do or where you want to work? There are tools to help you decide! Explore Career Interests & Assess your Employment Skills.
- My Next Move The new user-friendly electronic career exploration tool launched by the U.S. Department of Labor on February 3, 2011. This resource helps those who are not sure which career choice best fits their interests.
- SCOIS Used for obtaining information on various occupations. Features Multimedia/Full-Motion Occupation Videos for some occupations. Also features a self-administered assessment*, college search and financial aid information.
- O*NET O*Net has information for more than 950 occupations based on the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) System. Allows users to create a list of skills they have or plan to acquire, find occupations that match most of their skills, generate lists of up to 10 occupations with user-identified knowledge areas, skills, work environments, and work activities, creates a summary of the most important characteristics of an occupation, and provides a list of characteristics associated with a selected occupation.
- Labor Market Information Find information on what occupations are hot in your area and across the nation.
- Quintessential Careers Help plan your future with these self-assessment and career discovery tests.
- TABE – Diagnostic assessment to quickly determine basic skills for training and employment or to determine readiness to take the GED.
Get Help from SC Works
Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs
Equus Workforce Solutions (Equus) is the contractor selected by Greenville County to operate our local One-Stop workforce system. This includes coordinating SC Works workforce partners to better serve Greenville County employers and job seekers, to include individuals with disabilities, veterans, incumbent workers, laid-off workers, un-or under-employed, and new-to-employment young people or dislocated workers. Equus has built a legacy of industry leadership, serving businesses and job seekers from all walks of life.
Through SC Works Greenville, Equus ensures access to Basic Services (job search, computers, job readiness, resume assistance, job fairs) and Intensive Services (dedicated case manager, individual employment plan, training guidance). We assist in matching individuals to great free training opportunities in Advanced Manufacturing, Robotics, CNC Operators, Welding, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Medical Programs and much more.
For more information, please visit www.scworksgreaterupstate.com or call (864) 467-8080 and speak to a staff member today.
Eckerd Connects is the contractor selected by Greenville County to run the local Youth Program. The Greenville WIOA Youth Program is a chance for youth, ages 17-24, to break down barriers to education and employment. We have funding available for GED/High School training and post-secondary education. Supportive services available include transportation reimbursement, child care, emergency assistance, and referrals to other social service agencies and organizations. The program also offers paid work experiences in order to learn soft skills needed in the workplace. Our Career Smart workshops allow youth to practice interview skills and work on a resume with a career coach. Finally, our staff will assist youth participants in finding employment.
For more information, please call us at (864) 506-2080.